RateX is a local startup that specialises in cross-border payment; we are looking for individuals who can amplify the growth of the company.
Your stint with the company will be an exciting one with the projects on our plate. With the team of young aces to work with, our open mindedness creates space for your new ideas and methodologies to make a stamp on RateX.
We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic Back-End Engineer who will be responsible for systems which are scalable and maintainable. You're a pragmatic programmer who believes in their craft; you write tests, you try to write well factored code, you leave code bases better than you found them. You understand the job of an engineer is ultimately to deliver value to the customer, and you take ownership of that delivery through all of its stages.
- Design and implement domain supporting new features
- Design well thought-out and easy to consume APIs
- Build simple, elegant and reusable components that are extendable for future use
- Implement instrumentation and profiling and optimisations
- Build and operate infrastructire, toolset and deployment piplines
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Collaborate closely with other engineers in the company
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science or related engineering field)
- Familiar with web server architecture and SQL database
- Familiar with RESTful APIs
- Take Ownership, Initiative & Pride. You will have the opportunity to lead products from inception to launch, and own large parts of the product’s execution.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms (Such as JSON Web Token)
- Familiarity with integrating third-party libraries
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (Such as Git, SVN, Mercurial, etc)
- Familarity with our backend stack